Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) is the only performance-based certification that validates the skills needed to get the most out of Microsoft Office. Earning a MOS certificate can help you stand out in today's competitive job market, broaden your employment opportunities by displaying your advanced skills, and support higher earning potential.
We've teamed-up with Microsoft to provide everything you need to achieve your Word 2010 MOS certificate, including the official Microsoft online training and study guide, practice tests and your exam voucher.*
Please note, the courses and practice tests require Office 2010 to be installed on your PC.
This package includes:
- Microsoft’s official Word 2010 MOS e-learning courses: Three online courses (approximately 6 hours of learning) taking you from Introduction to Advanced level using Word 2010 – the complete training package to prepare for MOS: Microsoft Office Word 2010 Exam 77-881.
- Microsoft’s official Word 2010 Study Guide (PDF): The Word 2010 MOS Study Guide is the companion to the courseware and provides instant access to the exam reference material and step by step task instructions. The Study Guide is provided as a PDF file for access via your PC.
- Practice exams: To maximize your success, access to practice exams is provided (with either feedback mode or simulation mode). The practice exams are delivered through a dedicated website which closely mirrors the actual exam experience.
- Exam Voucher: Your exam voucher (worth £65) entitles you to sit your MOS exam at an accredited test centre.
*An additional £15 invigilation fee is payable directly to the exam centre when you sit the test.
How you’ll access these resources:
Learners will access the MOS e-learning courses and study guide via their eCourses “My eCourses” page. The instructions to access the practice exams, requiring registration on a separate website, are provided with the exam voucher in an email once the course has been accessed.
Access to the resources is provided for 12 months from date of purchase.
To book your exam, simply contact your nearest test centre. You need to sit your exam within 12 months of purchase, so please allow time to book your exam before your voucher expires.
What you’ll learn:
Beginner Skills in Microsoft Word 2010
This Beginner course contains three sections.
- The first shows you how to create and manage documents - from different document views, formatting options, to replacing content in a document.
- In the second section, you'll cover enhancing documents, like page setup options, page numbers, line/page breaks, quick styles and themes, and editing and enhancing images.
- The third section shows you more about reviewing and sharing documents, like using the proofing and language features, setting preferred languages and sharing your document.
Intermediate Skills in Microsoft Word 2010
This Intermediate course contains four sections.
- The first section show you how to customise Word 2010, from options, the quick access toolbar and different saving options.
- The second section is about enhancing and reviewing documents - like setting up pages, reorganising and enhancing a document, inserting section breaks, adding table, captions and graphical elements, reviewing a document, managing tracked changes and deleting comments.
- The third section is about sharing and protecting documents, from co-authoring, viewing documents on the web or by using Word Mobile 2010, to protecting a document. The fourth section shows you how to create complex documents, by inserting tables of contents and footnotes, and creating and using mail merge.
Advanced Skills in Microsoft Word 2010
This Advanced course contains three sections.
- The first section is about Creating and Enhancing Documents, showing you how to customise the Ribbon, add text building blocks, embed objects, add references and citations, and insert an equation.
- The second section show you more about reviewing and finalising documents, covering comparing and combining different versions of a document, checking for issues before sharing a document, editing documents on the web and publishing a document with Word Mobile 2010.
- The third section covers creating interactive documents - from creating a master document and subdocuments, inserting an index, working with interactive documents, to adding content controls and using XML tools.