Excel is an electronic spreadsheet capable of organising, analysing and presenting data. The basic concept is the same as using a paper spreadsheet with a built-in calculator. The advanced features of Excel allow you to manipulate the data easily and then to graphically present it in a number of attractive formats.
This course gives you an introduction to Microsoft Outlook 2010 and takes you through tasks associated with basic spreadsheet tasks. It's compatible with 2010 operating systems.
Together with our other Excel 2010 courses, this course also supports the background learning for the Microsoft Office Specialist Exam 77-882
You’ll learn how to:
- open and close Excel and use the Help features
- understand the basic Excel 2010 screen and its components
- use techniques to navigate Excel workbooks and its associated worksheets
- personalise Excel to suit your own requirements by changing zoom magnification, splitting windows and freezing panes
- create new workbooks and enter and edit data in worksheets
- open existing workbooks and move between them
- save workbooks in different file formats so people with earlier versions of Excel or other applications can open them
- use some of the more common selection methods in Excel to ensure fast ways to select data saving you time and effort when creating large worksheets
- move and copy data using the ribbon buttons, 'right-click' menu, and shortcut keys
- insert, delete columns and rows and adjust the width of columns and the height of rows
- locate specific data within a worksheet using the 'Find' and 'Replace' commands and identify Search Options
- sort data alphabetically, numerically using the 'Sort' feature
- change the appearance of a worksheet by modifying various formatting features such as font styles and sizes, data alignment, currency symbols, decimal placing
- work with multiple worksheets, including deleting, inserting, moving, copying, renaming tabs and applying a colour to worksheets
There are 12 modules in this course:
- Starting Excel and Help
- Screen Components
- Navigating Workbooks
- Splitting, Freezing and Options
- Creating Workbooks
- Opening, Saving and Closing
- Selection Techniques
- Moving and Copying Data
- Adding and Removing Cells
- Searching and Sorting
- Formatting Cells Techniques
- Handling Worksheets
- Simulation training replicates the software you're learning, providing a realistic learning experience.
- Learn how to perform tasks at your own pace and interactively by following easy step-by-step actions.
- Reinforce your knowledge at the end of each lesson by completing interactive and multiple choice quiz questions.
- Lessons can be completed within 30 minutes so you can do your training in bitesize pieces.
- Bookmarking allows you to dip in and out, so you can learn whenever suits you.
- Course navigation features allow you to jump directly to specific topics of interest quickly and easily.
- Designed for people who require initial and refresher training activities.
You’ll have access to this course for six months from the date of purchase – giving you plenty of time to finish your course.
How this course can help your business:
- Make the most of your investment in IT
- Use information to assess and evaluate business performance
- Make sound business decisions based on accurate data
- Forecast and plan more accurately and effectively
- Improve communication by providing staff with better access to information