Excel is an electronic spreadsheet capable of organising, analysing and presenting data. The basic concept is the same as using a paper spreadsheet with a built-in calculator. The advanced features of Excel allow you to manipulate the data easily and then to graphically present it in a number of attractive formats.
This program provides an introduction to Microsoft Excel 2010 and takes you through tasks associated with Presenting Data Visually, Sharing, Analysing and Organising Data. It's compatible with 2010 operating systems.
Together with our other Excel 2010 courses, this course also supports the background learning for the Microsoft Office Specialist Exam 77-882.
You’ll learn how to:
- create charts and work with them
- use WordArt, SmartArt and Pictures to illustrate a worksheet to give it greater visual appeal
- add shapes, use ClipArt and Screen captures
- use the 'comments' feature to insert comments in cells in the worksheet
- use file sharing methods that can be utilised from within 'Save & Send'
- filter data, apply multiple search criteria, customise filters, sort with AutoFilters and remove filters
- use Excel's built-in number formats and create custom number formats
- apply conditional formatting to assist in identifying cells that meet specified conditions
There are 7 modules in this course
- Creating and Modifying Charts
- More on Illustrations
- Using Comments
- Sharing Workbooks
- Sorting and Filtering Data
- Custom and Conditional Formats
- Simulation training replicates the software you're learning, providing a realistic learning experience.
- Learn how to perform tasks at your own pace and interactively by following easy step-by-step actions.
- Reinforce your knowledge at the end of each lesson by completing interactive and multiple choice quiz questions.
- Lessons can be completed within 30 minutes so you can do your training in bitesize pieces.
- Bookmarking allows you to dip in and out, so you can learn whenever suits you.
- Course navigation features allow you to jump directly to specific topics of interest quickly and easily.
- Designed for people who require initial and refresher training activities.
You’ll have access to this course for six months from the date of purchase – giving you plenty of time to finish your course.
How this course can help your business:
- Make the most of your investment in IT
- Use information to assess and evaluate business performance
- Make sound business decisions based on accurate data
- Forecast and plan more accurately and effectively
- Improve communication by providing staff with better access to information