Excel is an electronic spreadsheet capable of organising, analysing and presenting data. The basic concept is the same as using a paper spreadsheet with a built-in calculator. The advanced features of Excel allow you to manipulate the data easily and then to graphically present it in a number of attractive formats.
This course gives you an introduction to Microsoft Outlook 2010 and takes you through tasks associated with creating cell data. It's compatible with 2010 operating systems.
Together with our other Excel 2010 courses, this course also supports the background learning for the Microsoft Office Specialist Exam 77-882.
You’ll learn how to:
- understand the various views available in Excel and their uses
- set up various views of a worksheet with different display and print settings by using the 'Custom Views' feature
- import text and other objects created with other programmes into a worksheet so you can use Excel's features to modify and analyse the data
- create and modify a hyperlink to another file or to a website
- understand document properties such as the author, title, subject or keywords that describe a document's content
- use the built-in headers and footers in Excel, as well as create your own customised ones
- preview worksheets and the options in the 'Page Setup' box that control how worksheet pages are printed
- print various components in worksheets, as well as look at different printing options
There are seven modules in this course:
- Excel Views
- Using Custom Views
- Importing, Exporting and Queries
- Working with Hyperlinks
- Workbook Properties
- Headers, Previewing and Page Setup
- Printing Worksheets
- Simulation training replicates the software you're learning, providing a realistic learning experience.
- Learn how to perform tasks at your own pace and interactively by following easy step-by-step actions.
- Reinforce your knowledge at the end of each lesson by completing interactive and multiple choice quiz questions.
- Lessons can be completed within 30 minutes so you can do your training in bitesize pieces.
- Bookmarking allows you to dip in and out, so you can learn whenever suits you.
- Course navigation features allow you to jump directly to specific topics of interest quickly and easily.
- Designed for people who require initial and refresher training activities.
You’ll have access to this course for six months from the date of purchase – giving you plenty of time to finish your course.
How this course can help your business:
- Make the most of your investment in IT
- Use information to assess and evaluate business performance
- Make sound business decisions based on accurate data
- Forecast and plan more accurately and effectively
- Improve communication by providing staff with better access to information